Self Employed work: marketing techniques, how to advertise and promote services, how to register, what is a tax return. CRO, literacy and numeracy for self-employment and work from home.These high quality, high impact training. Course has been designed to help participants’ learn skills for the workplace.
Our team of professional advisers will be able to guide you to choose the best course available for you.
We provide bespoke training sessions for community businesses to support local services and create employment opportunities for disadvantaged people
Skills for Work include:
- Understanding the business: understanding how the individual job fits into the organisation as a whole; recognizing needs (of customers, for example); judging risks, innovating, and contributing to the whole organisation.
- Self-management: punctuality and time management, appropriate dress and behavior to the job, overcoming challenges and asking for help when necessary.
- A positive approach: being ready to participate, make suggestions, accept new ideas and constructive criticism, and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Thinking clearly and solving problems: creativity, reflecting on and learning from your own actions, prioritizing, analyzing situations, and developing solutions.
- Using numbers effectively: measuring, recording measurements, calculating, estimating quantities, relating numbers to the job.
- Working together and communicating: co-operating, being assertive, persuading, being responsible to others, speaking clearly to individuals and groups and listening for a response.
- Using language effectively: writing clearly and in a manner appropriate to the job, sorting facts and ideas into a logical order.
- Using IT effectively: operating a computer, both using basic systems and also learning other software as necessary, and using telephones and other technology to communicate.